These tempting dishes are bold, innovative, fresh, easy and above all delicious. They reflect this chef's expertise and complex palate, yet each recipe is both easy and good. Both vegans and non-vegans will find them absolutely delicious. The recipes are vast and varied and use the ingredients typically found in a vegan's kitchen or pantry.
Douglas McNish starts with "Vegan Basics" featuring 20 recipes for dishes most popular in vegan cuisine like Whipped Non-Dairy Butter, Mayonnaise, Curry Paste, Vegetable Stock and pie crust. These 500 recipes include every meal of the day or special occasion to celebrate.
Here's just a tiny sampling of the sumptuous recipes that await:
- Main Course: Tomato and Spinach Ragout
- Buddhist Noodle Bowl Stews,
- Chilies and Soups: Cheesy Broccoli Soup,
- African Spiced Tempeh Chili
- Pasta and Noodles: Fettuccini Carbonara,
- Creamy Sweet Potato Linguine
- Sautes and Stir Fries: Pineapple and Coconut Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker: Okra and Squash Gumbo,
- Sicilian Eggplant Caponata
- One Pot Meals/Casseroles: Oven Baked Spicy Risotto,
- Mushroom and Spinach Lasagne
- Baking: Caramelized Onion and Olive Flatbread
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Desserts: Chocolate Banana Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Dream Bars.
For novice cooks, busy families, or college students there are dozens of recipes to satisfy anyone's search for meal-plan options to fit the vegan lifestyle.
About the Author
Douglas McNish is a vegan executive chef, instructor and consultant, with a strong commitment to health and organics. He is also the author of the bestsellers Eat Raw, Eat Well and Raw, Quick & Delicious